Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Favorite Pizza Crust


This is a two-part post- I am excited to be posting one of my favorite recipes in the next few days- Chicken Caesar Pizza! But I realized I couldn't post the pizza unless you first had the recipe for the crust, so here is my favorite pizza crust recipe.  (Photo borrowed from the internet). 


Recipe:
1 C warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp yeast
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp salt

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.  Let sit 10 minutes.  Yeast should look slightly soft and foamy (This is a great way to make sure your yeast is healthy before continuing any recipe.  If it looks exactly like when you first added it, try again.  You may have scalded your yeast, or your yeast may need to be replaced).

Stir in the remaining ingredients.  Knead 10 minutes (don't skimp on the kneading.  Feel free to add small amounts of flour if the dough is too sticky, but remember that the best breads come from moderately sticky doughs.)

Cover and allow to rise 2 hours.

Roll out on a floured surface.  This makes a thick dough (maybe 1/2 inch?) exactly the size of my pizza stone.  We happen to like thinner crusts, so I like to double this recipe and then I have three crusts exactly to our liking.

Arrange desired toppings and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until slightly browned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...