Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chicken Casear Pizza


We had a pizza similar to this at a friend's house in Las Vegas.  I love my Pepperoni pizza, and up until that point the most adventurous I had been with my pizzas was to add artichoke hearts at the Olive Garden.  This pizza swept me off my feet and became one of my favorite dishes.

Recipe:
Use your own pizza crust, or use my favorite pizza crust recipe, which can be found here:
Favorite Pizza Crust

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
Tbsp olive oil
Rosemary
Reduced fat Caesar vinaigrette dressing
Spinach or romaine lettuce
Green pepper
Onion
Olives
Mozzarella cheese (shredded) about 1 1/2 C.
Tomato

In a skillet, cook the chicken in olive oil and 1 tsp of rosemary.

While chicken is cooking, bake pizza dough for 9 minutes at 400 degrees.  It may inflate and resemble a football, but no worries.  Just press it down gently and allow the weight of the coming toppings to do the rest.

Top with 3/4 C casear vinaigrette (as you would pizza sauce). Spread spinach or romaine, chicken, chopped green pepper, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, and shredded mozzarella on top.

Bake for another 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees until lettuce tips become slightly browned and cheese is melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...