Friday, May 31, 2013

Spicy Sausage and Alfredo Lasagna


Although I already have a lasagna recipe which I LOVE, I saw this recipe and thought it would be fun to give it a try.  I'm so glad that I did! We loved this recipe, and it's a fun change-up from a normal tomato based lasagna, while still incorporating fresh tomatoes throughout.

Recipe:  (Click Here For Printable Recipe)


3/4 lb lasagna noodles (do NOT get the no-bake kind)
olive oil
3/4 lb hot turkey sausage
2 Tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, pressed
3 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 C chicken broth
1 1/2 C milk
5-6 roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
3/4 C torn basil
1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

Cook lasagna noodles according to directions.  Toss with olive oil.

Remove sausage from the casings, and brown in a large skillet over medium heat.  Remove to a bowl and set aside.  In the same skillet, melt butter and add garlic.  Saute for about 30 seconds.  Sprinkle in flour and mix until combined.  Cook for another 30 seconds.

Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk, whisking until smooth.  Season with salt and pepper.  Allow sauce to simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring as needed.

Spray bottom and sides of 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.  Poor 1/4 cup sauce in bottom and spread around.  Place 3 lasagna noodles on bottom of dish.  Top with 1/3 tomatoes, 1/4 C torn basil, 1/3 of sausage, 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of remaining sauce.  Repeat 2 more times (3 layers total)

Cover baking dish with foil and bake 25 minutes.  Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.  Let sit 5 minutes before serving.


Adapted from recipe on Iowa Girl Eats

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you'll get an email that you have a comment since I don't know how else to get a hold of you. I want you to know that I am here for you. What you are going through is so hard and emotional and after having been through it, I found comfort talking to those on bed rest. Please email me so I can give you my phone number. You can text me anytime. Email me anytime. I will be there every step of the way and hope to become friends. You can count on me. leahefish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...