Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Chocolate Fudge Frosted Brownies


I Love Brownies.  I love pretty much any type of brownie.  For plain old everyday brownies I love the Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate brownie mix, and I also love Betty Crocker's Mississippi Mud brownie mix when I feel like getting a little fancy.  For very special occasions I have my Quite Possibly The Best Brownies Ever recipe, but until now I hadn't found a great frosted brownie recipe.
This one was wonderful! I made it for a church function and so I was only able to taste a small piece before sending them off, but I am looking forward to making them again soon.

Recipe:  (Click Here For Printable Recipe)


1 C butter
1/2 C cocoa (I use Hershey's Dark Chocolate.  Try to get unsweetened Cocoa).
2 C flour
2 C sugar
4 Eggs
4 tsp vanilla

    For Frosting
1/4 C softened butter
1/4 C milk
1/4 C cocoa
3 C powdered sugar
dash salt

Melt the butter and mix it together with the cocoa until smooth.  Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir well.  Add in flour and sugar and mix until all combined.

Pour into greased 9x13 baking pan (or line it with parchment paper).  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

While the brownies are cooking, make the frosting by mixing together softened butter, milk, cocoa, powdered sugar and salt.

After removing brownies from oven, immediately spread frosting on top and allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...