Friday, December 21, 2012

Nutella and Strawberry French Toast


I made this for dinner a few nights ago, and when I set it on the table my girls burst out in a happy chorus of "Mom is Great!.."  But seriously, we were eating breakfast the next morning and my 4 year old turned to me and said, "Mom.  I just can't stop thinking about our yummy dinner last night".  I agree.  It was SO good!

Recipe: (For 4)   [Printable Recipe Front and Back]

2 C sliced fresh strawberries
4 tsp sugar
"dash" of lemon juice
8 slices of bread (we used Italian).  I suggest letting them sit out one night before using them.
Nutella
2 Lg. eggs
1 1/2 C milk
4 Tbsp melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
powdered sugar (opt).

Combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.  Set to the side.

Spread nutella on 4 slices of bread.  Top each with one of the remaining 4 slices of bread. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place on stove top, on medium heat.

In a pie plate, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.  Dip each sandwich quickly in the egg mixture- making sure to coat each side.

Add slices to the skillet, in a single layer.  Cook each side for 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.

Transfer to a plate.  Top with strawberries and powdered sugar before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...