Monday, August 6, 2012

Lasagna Casserole


My family loves pasta, and especially lasagna.  I have a wonderful lasagna recipe for special occasions, but this dinner is a great compromise for the nights when I don't have quite as much time.  It only takes a few ingredients, and is super easy to throw together.

Recipe:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 C chopped fresh onion
1 sm garlic clove, minced
8 oz tomato sauce
2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
8 (or fewer) oz cooked spaghetti noodles.  (I like the bowtie or the mini tubes)
2 C cottage cheese
8 oz mozzarella, sliced or shredded
1/2 C Parmesan

Brown the beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet.  Cook the spaghetti noodles (I prefer using fewer noodles.  8 oz is fine, but 6-7 may be even better.

Stir in tomato sauce,  parsley and oregano.

In a greased 9x13 baking dish, layer spaghetti, meat sauce, cottage cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan.

Bake 30 minutes at 350

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...