Friday, June 29, 2012

Creamy Poppy Seed Chicken


This made it to my list of top 5 recipes.  I LOVE poppy seed chicken.  I love it so much that in my VERY organized recipe book (I know, I'm a freak), it skips the "casseroles" section all together and is Recipe Number Four, just so it's easy to find.

Recipe:

6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded*
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C sour cream
1 sleeve of ritz crackers
poppy seeds
cooking spray or 1/2 C butter

Mix together the soup and sour cream.  Stir in the shredded chicken.  Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.

Crumble the ritz crackers (I just squeeze them while they are still in the sleeve until they resemble coarse crumbs) and sprinkle over the chicken mixture.  Top with poppy seeds (about 2-3 tablespoons).

Coat WELL with cooking spray or melted butter to prevent burning.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until crackers are just SLIGHTLY browned.

*(I like to thaw my chicken, and then cook it in a skillet on med-high heat, covered, until it's nearly done.  I then take two forks and shred it, let it finish cooking, and drain.  I also usually sprinkle the chicken with seasoning salt while it's cooking).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...